Monday, October 13, 2014

Catching Up and What's in my Bag?

Hi y'all! Today I wanted to play a little catch up and update y'all on what's going on in my classroom. 
We have been knee deep in novel studies. We finished up Frindle and we are now tackling Shiloh. For Frindle, I created this story board to introduce the novel, brainstorm and predict, and talk about facts and opinions. It also generated a lot of excitement about the book!




We're now on Shiloh. Last week, we divided into groups and created a character chart of either the protagonist or the antagonist. They had to list at least 10 events/things that happened with that character, plus at least 5 traits with evidence. They did WONDERFUL! I made it a little more interesting by picking a winning group in each class and they received treats :) 








I've been working hard on my lifestyle/fashion blog Southern Belle Inspired. I'm sharing what's in my bag and my favorite types of handbags. Come check it out and follow me on bloglovin'! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE school hallways that show student work! It looks like the students put a lot of time and effort into their characters! Nicely done!

    ~Shelly
    http://promotingsuccess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete